Friday, August 26, 2011

HPW User Profile: JennaBean

JennaBean is an interesting character. Most of her posts that I have seen have been emotionally and enthusiastic, to the point of chewing out people who disagreed with her, but I never found them to be too offensive. But then a reader alerted me to a couple of her comments, which probed me to dig further. What I found was quite a lot of pro-peace, pro-humanity comments, which were very encouraging. But I also found quite a lot of rants about "the chosen people" and comparisons to Nazis. So maybe you can judge for yourself. These are collected from her most recent 300 comments, so there may be more I didn't notice.




Link
the irony of you calling someone else a hypocrìte.­..
Why don't you move to Gaza, lets see how Zìonist you are when you've lived in that shìthole for a few years.

Link
“don't fret, alot of people don't b4 blindly posting, especially if it involves the CHOSEN people”

Link
“I see you weren't able to follow his guidelines for answering the question dear chosen one.”

Link
“Now you know how Palestinia­ns feel. Should they just move on?
Lemme guess, that's "different­" right?” [Click for context, Holocaust comparison]

Link
“None of what the Jews went through justifies them doing nearly the same to another people, sorry.”

Link
“I agree with you 100%. This post was an example of the many ridiculous reasons why the "chosen people" to justify their actions b/c to them they were promised real estate in some dusty old book.”


Link
“agree. now tell the zionists please, they need to be made aware” [Click for context, Holocaust comparison]

Link
“So you're admitting that the Palestinia­ns are suffering?
It's okay for them but not for us, for we are Gawds chosen and superior to everyone else on this planet!!”

Link
[to a pro-Israel poster] “Please move to Tel Aviv...and never ever ever vote in America pls.”

Link
“oh my god!! listen to you, you incite so much anger!
tell that to the families of the thousands of innocent people that died during cast lead!” [Thousands?]

Link
“Being anti-Zioni­st doesnt equate to Anti-Israe­li. How many times do you have to be told this for it to stick?” [Informative given other comments about “zionists.”]

Link
it took time, but he saw the error of his ways.
now if only the zionists could see theirs....”
[Click for context, Holocaust/Nazi comparison]

Link
“yes, [this terror attack is] convenient timing isnt it? hey hows those j14 protests going, my guess is they're all done now :(”

Link
“it's ran by a bunch of freakin racìst Muslim bashin Zionist wacko's
srsly they are off thier meds over there stay away”

Link
“I think it's unfair to lump everyone under the same umbrella. Not ever Jew agrees with Zionism, just not every Arab agrees with religious zealotry and jihadism.” [Again, ironic given Jews/Zionists in Nazi threads above]

Link
“The best enemy is the one you create!! Right?!” [click for context]

Link
“There is no such thing as the Palsbara..­...it's a made up word in defense of the funded Hasbara team that actually exists...”

Link
“omgosh you chewed through the straps on your straight jacket again didnt you?”

Link
“I see the Israeli Zionshìlls have already infiltrate­d the thread with their whole "SEE THEY ARE WORSE THAN US SO LEAVE US ALONE!!" argument.”

Link
“we all know that rules of the playbook..­.you ask for links, then you attack the website or poster or blogger or news agency at the other end of the link
we get it we know ok hasbarat we know”

Link
“honey put the bottle down you can't call people names when you can barely remember your own.”


Link
"One of the most powerful militaries in the world, cant stop some kids from jumping a fence without removing the brains from their skulls with assault rifles. Pathetic”

Link
"“Clearly he is on something.­..it's disgusting watching these apologists spew their b.s. hasbara agenda."


Link
“We;; controllin­g posts is a little hard when any slight criticism of Israel gets you labeled an antisemite­.”


Link
“I hope for the sake of any potential offspring you have that you're fully evaluated before pìssìng them out.
I mean I've come across some absolutely batshìt crazy people on the internet, but you have seriously surpassed them all and it's probably the scariest thing to me(right now) that there are actually people like you out there that walk and breath among the rest of us.
You are seriously one short paycheck away from murd ering everyone at your place of employment­. Meaning, you need help on a therapeuti­c level and should seek it immediatel
­y before anyone is hurt.”

21 comments:

  1. Do a post about madsen26. A true anti-semite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JennaBean. Too bad you only went the first 300 comments.
    Had you gone to 451--475 (bout 1/2 way down) you could have seen JennaBean in action with HPMontor as the subject, in classical JennaBean nastiness.

    Or this on a thread about Peres saying Assad must resign:
    >> "...It's so cute how you guys add little quirps of info that are completely untrue.
    One of the most powerful militaries in the world, cant stop some kids from jumping a fence without removing the brains from their skulls with assault rifles. Pathetic”

    Or scroll down to some comments on a Rachel Corrie thread
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Jenna_Bean?page=25&action=comments&display=all&sort=newest

    or here: for CLAS-SICK JennaBean.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Jenna_Bean?page=26&action=comments&display=all&sort=newest



    JennaBean, while every once in a while, will post something sounding quite humanitarian, for the most part is a nasty [Jew] hater who more often than not relies on ad hominem attacks of other posters rather than debating facts. And the hate and ad hom is not limited to Israel threads.
    "JennaBean" is in general, an ignorant hating attacker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her contempt is naked and obvious.

    She clearly doesn't like Jews and you guys should tell her so every chance you get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With such an ugly soul hidden under the "niceness," she will someday have children, and I guarantee you that they will turn out badly, and she will not have the insight to understand that it is all her fault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her views reveal her ignorance. That's true of most leftists. They have a romantic view of the Arabs and they won't allow reality to interfere with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww you removed my post!! Thank god I took screen shots and saved the text :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenna if you disagree with something that someone here as written, feel free to speak your mind. But we don't accept hateful, insulting rants. Please rephrase your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah np. I like that the people who stalk me also regulate me when I voice how much it creeps me out.

    I mean, what's the point of having a conversation or discussion if you can't control the context of it right!!

    wink wink


    Ya know but you guys feel free to shit talk me, my future children, my "ugly soul", my ignorance that's okay...oh and be sure to point out my ad hom while also using ad hom to describe me. I guess you have to be a Zionist to have your "hateful, insulting rants" posted.

    I've already told Bcem that I'd try to find a banjo to make him a video btw, seeing as how that is somehow a skill I've acquired(according to him, if that sounds crazy it's b/c it/he is) Any other character traits you guys wanna add to the personality profile you've created for me are welcome. I will try to incorporate them into the person you've all imagined/dreamt up and applied to my HuffPo avatar if it will help you guys psychoanalyze me in the future. I don't mind the personality traits being applied to me, they'd only bother me if they were true. What does bother me is the extreme stalkerish nature of a bunch of pist off pseudo-intellectuals on the internet who clearly have something to prove. There is nothing normal about what you guys do, whoever told you as children that THIS is normal, were a bunch of fkn liars. So who wants to talk about bad parenting again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Jenna, doesn't that just confirm everything that was said about your posts. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not really AC, if anything this website and people like you confirm to me and others how incredibly troubled you all are, but this is normal for you guys so you don't see it.

    Profiling people and digging for information about them b/c of their views on a certain subject/topic/problem is troubling. It's scary and creepy and there isn't anything normal about it. Spending free time maintaining a site such as this devoting so much, no--completely obsessed with an idea is extremely strange and I'm sure most therapists would agree.

    But like I said, you guys don't realize it b/c it's all you know. People like you guys are why laws are put into place to stop online stalking. People like you are the reason people like me need to worry about our online identity. The fact that you don't see that is frightening...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you keep deleting my comments, it really plays into the delusion that you're allowing these people to create in their minds.

    It's very one sided, very much like you try and keep the HP comments section. Very much proving my point that the only way you know how to do things is by controlling information yourself. I've already contacted HP senior management, and I intend to show them how you're using their website to help profile people.


    My last comment wasn't hateful or insulting, you just don't like being called out for the shit you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "People like you guys are why laws are put into place to stop online stalking. People like you are the reason people like me need to worry about our online identity. The fact that you don't see that is frightening..."

    ^This was insulting?? So much so that you had to remove it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apologies, your comment was caught in our spam filter for some reason. We'll try to make sure no more get caught, but no guarantees.

    ReplyDelete
  15. " I've already contacted HP senior management, and I intend to show them how you're using their website to help profile people. "

    Maybe that is a good thing. I kind of feel like I should say thank-you,
    for bringing to the attention of HP senior management, the racism, bigotry, hate, bias, anti-semitism, and personal threats against people who do not share the pro-Palestinian agenda that is so prominent on HP.
    And not only through comments by posters.

    BTW, I find it rather interesting that while you accuse others of "psychoanalyzing" the screen persona of JennaBean, that is *exactly*
    what you do in each and every one of your comments and rants.
    A bit of calling the kettle black IMO.
    You are such a hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome, here's hoping for some attention being brought to both of our concerns. Your definition of what is antisemitic is greatly exaggerated, and the label is so freely applied to anyone who criticizes Israeli policies. By contacting senior management I hope to bring attention to the exploitation of users and groups such as these. Flagging a comment is one thing, conspiring outside of HP with a group to ensure comments are removed by multiple flagging is wrong and is only done so to make the overall atmosphere of the comments section appear as one sided as possible. Doing so is why people label you and your lot as "hasbara" posters.

    "BTW, I find it rather interesting that while you accuse others of "psychoanalyzing" the screen persona of JennaBean, that is *exactly*
    what you do in each and every one of your comments and rants"

    I don't maintain a website profiling users and I dont spend my time trying to gather information about them either. This is the difference between me and you. You are the one who feels like you need to win some sort of PR war, not me. You are the one who has something to lose by not focusing so much of your time and energy on this effort, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, that guarantee that my children will turn out badly is ridiculous. I am not the type of parent that tries to impose any views on my children, my children are children first and their atmosphere is filled with things to keep them youthful and enjoying their child hood. It is absolutely ridiculous to make such an assertion based on the persona of JennaBean. My daughter has no idea what Palestine is, or Israel, or Democrat, Republican, or any other adult topics...she is a child and everything in her life at this point is filled with the things children enjoy. Maybe you grew up being told very early about issues that were too mature for you, but that's not how I do things at all. So take your guarantee and shove it b/c you have no idea what you're talking about, which is completely not surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual, Jenna can dish it out ("put the bottle down") but can't take it. This isn't recess, honey. If you don't like being insulted, don't insult others. You're not getting any sympathy from me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenna, let me tell you that never have I been aware of any *conspiracy* to flag comments as a *group effort* for the sake of having comments removed. That is nothing other than projection, and a completely false accusation.
    Pro-Israel posters are no different than pro-Palestinian posters in the respect that people act independently of each other. There is no "group effort* or *group conspiracy* to comment all together, or flag all together, or anything else. There is no *unit* that has orchestrated comments or anything else. If you truly believe that is what is happening, than you have a problem far beyond what anyone imagined. Why is it that when pro-Palestinian posters post comments, they are independent opinion and comments, but when pro-Israeli posters post comments, it is a *group effort* and a *group conspiracy*?
    Aside from being a total hypocrite Jenna, I believe you are also very paranoid.
    If you truly believe that every pro-Israel poster is part of a larger group that is forming some sort of group *conspiracy*, that is YOUR problem.
    And a severe problem it is.
    Have you ever thought of seeking help? Paranoia is a killer. It will eat you up inside.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sorry but are you serious? You do realize that the site your posting on RIGHT NOW is exactly what you've described? A site that is devoted to finding comments that you don't like on ONE site in particular, and encourages people to flag them for removal? I mean, you're not serious right? Because I can't imagine that you even believe the sh*t that's coming out of your mouth right now...in case you need a re-fresher, you can scroll down a bit and read this:

    http://hpmonitor.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-can-we-do_9030.html

    Report individual comments. If you click on the “permalink” beside each comment it will take you to the comment as it appears in the thread. Below the post is a link that says “Flag as Abusive.” Click it, and it will be flagged for further investigation. The more people flagging the more posts, the more noticeable they will be...

    Report the posters who make the comment: When we make posts that are structured around a user, click on that user’s name to jump to their profile page. Once you are there, click the “Report Abusive Profile” button pictured below:



    Melissa(I'm assuming that's you up there) I never asked for your sympathy or anyone elses. I REALLY REALLY don't care what you think of me. What bothers me is the time and effort put into this blog and the desire to gather information about people. There's nothing normal about that, period.

    ReplyDelete
  21. " I REALLY REALLY don't care what you think of me."

    Yeah, you don't care, that is why you are still checking responses here,
    5 whole days after the original post! And why the 10 responses, one angrier than the next? If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded at all.

    I'm not Melissa, but you should calm down, you sound like you are coming apart at the seams.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys we've started to employ a slight comment policy. We used to have completely open comments but then people abused it. So our comment policy is such: No obvious trolling or spamming. And be warned: unlike the Huffington Post we actually enforce our comment policy.