Sunday, March 4, 2012

Who Said It?

Time for everyone's favorite game show, "Who Said It?" Today, we've got a quote about Israel/Iran. Check it out!!
I mean, do not think no one wants a war. You don’t have wars unless someone wants it. And quite clearly the Israeli government would like to see the United States smash Iran’s nuclear program, which they think is creating the additions where Iran could, with one leap forward, get a bomb. The Israeli lobby would like to see a war. They support the Israeli government. Neoconservatives do. Many Republicans do. There are many Americans who genuinely believe that if Iran — they believe Iran is moving toward a weapon; and if it is, they would favor military action to prevent it. There are a number of people who want a war.
The question is: Who said it?

The answer is: Pat Buchanan, in an interview with Russia Today. 

Always interesting to see the far left and far right combine into a nice Israel hating blob.


  1. My guess was Carter.

    Interesting post, Matt.

    Israel Thrives

    Oh, and btw, can you do me a small favor and change the name of my blog on your blogroll to "Israel Thrives"?

    Much appreciated, good sir.

  2. FYI Pat Buchanan and leftist libertarian anarchist neo nazi top line writer Iran booster Glenn Greenwald have a long history of co writing. They don't currently do it but they did.

  3. You know what's interesting? I read that quote and within about .00003 seconds I smiled and said "Yeah, that's M.J. Rosenberg." Then I saw it was the ex-MSNBC waste of space and raised my eyebrows. I really wonder whether MJ would be flattered or horrified that his views on Iran/Israel are the same as someone like Pat Buchanan. Well, actually, now that I know they are, I don't really care if MJ ever notices that or has an opinion on it.

  4. Done, Michael. Good guesses, everyone. Better luck next time!


Hey guys we've started to employ a slight comment policy. We used to have completely open comments but then people abused it. So our comment policy is such: No obvious trolling or spamming. And be warned: unlike the Huffington Post we actually enforce our comment policy.