Tuesday, June 19, 2012

News the HP Doesn't Cover: More Rocket Attacks

Every once in a blue moon the HP covers news of Israel being hit by rockets, but not this time. See if you can figure out why:

Several hours after the Air Force struck Gaza, rockets were fired at the Ashkelon area as air raid sirens sounded in the region. The IDF detected the launching of four rockets, which apparently hit open areas south of Ashkelon. No injuries or damage were reported.

Hamas' military wing Izz al-Din al-Qassam brigades claimed responsibility for the attack. A statement by the group said that the rockets were meant to hit the Zikim army base. On Tuesday, alert level in the Gaza vicinity communities was raised. Residents of the Eshkol Regional Council were instructed to remain 15 seconds away from a fortified space.
 My thinking is that it's because Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack, and the HP likes to pretend that Hamas is peaceful and never does anything to cause Israeli "aggression". So stories like this just slip by the HP editors. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I feel I must. I don't think that stories like this slip by their editors, I think it is a deliberate policy by the HuffPo. I think they look at a story like this, and make sure not to publish it.

    I would be willing to bet that if a poster mentions it the post will be removed. Not that I am suspicious, or anything.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys we've started to employ a slight comment policy. We used to have completely open comments but then people abused it. So our comment policy is such: No obvious trolling or spamming. And be warned: unlike the Huffington Post we actually enforce our comment policy.