Sunday, April 28, 2013

More Sympathy for the Devil (And His Mother)

I figured that the Huffington Post's publishing of pictures of the two Boston bombers would speak for itself, after all criminals always get their picture in the paper. That's often why terrorists do it. What I wouldn't expect is that they would also put a picture of the Tsaranev's mother in the paper as well, with a picture choice almost guaranteed to elicit sympathy:

Presumably we are supposed to react with offense that an innocent person would be on the terror list, but according to her behavior on CNN she probably deserved it:
“If they are going to kill him. I don’t care. My oldest son is killed, so I don’t care. I don’t care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don’t care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!"
Naturally on the Huffington Post she turns into a moderate:
"It's all lies and hypocrisy," she told the AP from Dagestan. "I'm sick and tired of all this nonsense that they make up about me and my children. People know me as a regular person, and I've never been mixed up in any criminal intentions, especially any linked to terrorism." 
Fortunately it doesn't look like the Huffington Post readership fell for it. Meanwhile, not one single Israeli victim of Palestinian terrorism has been granted the dignity of a photo in the Huffington Post.


  1. Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, the mother of the boston bombers was caught shoplifting $1,600.00 worth of clothing last by cameras at the Lord and Taylor where she committed the crime.

    Talk about Karma! It was Lord and Taylor video cameras that caught her two sons planting bombs at the Boston Marathon.

    Poetic justice.

  2. HP doesn't want anything bad to be said about her, it might be construed as Islamophobic.

    BTW surprisingly I did see one picture of Israeli victim of Pal'n terror which was in a mix of pictures toward the bottom of an article.


Hey guys we've started to employ a slight comment policy. We used to have completely open comments but then people abused it. So our comment policy is such: No obvious trolling or spamming. And be warned: unlike the Huffington Post we actually enforce our comment policy.